Scottish Business Waste & Water COOP is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
We are responsible for, and control the processing of, the personal information you
When you submit personal information to us you are deemed as agreeing to the use of
these details as described in our privacy statement.
This privacy statement explains how we collect, use, share and otherwise process your personal information.
Personal information which we collect
We collect and process personal information about you when you:
1. enter into a contract with us, receive a service from us, correspond with us
2. make payment via direct debit
3. Information around creditworthiness obtained from any credit check we may carry out
4. raise a complaint or dispute with us or are involved in a legally recordable incident at
our premises (e.g. in relation to health and safety reporting);
5. speak to one of our representatives, call centre agents or members of our customer services
or PR team and / or use our website and customer applications in any other way.
The personal information collected in the above manner may include the following about you
(and others if their personal information is provided by you):
• full name
• postal address
• email address
• telephone number
• payment details
• machine identifiers (such as IP addresses)
• dispute resolution information
• behavioural data (tags and cookies – see Cookies section below)
• voice recordings
Personal information provided by third parties
We may receive information about you from other sources which we will add to the information we
already hold about you in order to help us provide our products and services in accordance with
your requirements and to ensure that the quality of data we have on your account(s) is maintained properly.
Credit/Debit card payments
• WorldPay is a secure online, real-time payment service provider, which supports all major
credit and debit cards. WorldPay is part of The Royal Bank of Scotland banking group. WorldPay –
and not Blue Business Water – is the data controller of this information.
• WorldPay is bound by data protection laws. If you have any queries regarding WorldPay’s
data protection policy, you can contact them at worldpay.com/shopper.
• If you would like a copy of the information WorldPay hold about you, you can write to:
The Royal Bank of Scotland plc, 36 St Andrew Square, Edinburgh, EH2 2YB. Please note a fee may be payable.
• Blue Business Water does not store, hold, use or process your credit/debit card details at any time.
How we use your information
We will collect personal information:
• To identify you when you contact us
• To monitor and record any communications with you for quality assurance, compliance and to
detect and prevent fraud or money laundering
• To permit selected third parties to provide you with information about goods or services we
feel may interest you
• To notify you about changes to our service
• To release information to any regulatory organisation (such as the Water Industry Commission
for Scotland(WICS), the Central Market Agency (CMA) and the Market Operator Services Limited (MOSL))
or anyone employed by or contracted to such organisations
• Customer service communication – provide you with requested information or correspondence
• To protect the health and safety of the public in an emergency or in the interests of national security
• We will use the information we collect about you to administer our site and for internal operations,
including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, advertising, statistical and survey purposes,
together with security analysis and in order to ensure effective interaction with you
• Maintain records indicating your consent to status – to ensure we accurately reflect your wishes
when communicating to you
• Customer support – monitor calls and help train staff in relation to our customer support and helpdesk function
• Product and service improvement – to improve our product and services
• Service analysis – to conduct research, statistical analysis and behavioral analysis.
This may include providing aggregate statistical information relating to customers, sales,
traffic patterns and related site information to reputable third parties
• In our legitimate interest to protect against fraud
• Website improvement and fraud prevention – improve our websites, prevent or detect fraud or abuses of
our websites and enable third parties to carry out technical, logistical or other functions on our behalf
• Security – carry out security checks when allowing you access to our services and to block fraudulent
or suspected fraudulent activity in order to meet our legal obligations:
Disclosure of your personal information
You agree that we have the right to share your personal information with:
• Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract that
we enter into with them or you
• Selected third parties
• Any regulatory organisation (such as the Water Industry Commission for Scotland (WICS),
the Central Market Agency (CMA) and the Market Operator Services Limited(MOSL) or anyone employed
by or contracted to such organisation
• Anti-fraud organisations and credit references agencies for the purpose of assessing your creditworthiness
• Analytics and search engine providers, that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site
• Our professional advisers and services providers
• We will disclose your personal information to third parties:
o In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal
information to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets
o If we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal
information held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets
o If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with
any legal or regulatory obligation, or in order to enforce or apply the terms of any other agreements to
which you and we are a party, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Blue Business Water, our
customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for
the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
We may periodically send promotional material to you about new products, special offers or other information
which we think you may find interesting based on the profile we have created about you to the email addresses
and phone numbers which you have provided.
If these are similar to products, services and bookings previously supplied by us to you, we will assume, under
our legitimate interests to promote similar goods and services, that you are willing to receive this information
unless you tell us otherwise. Please note that we do not want to send you information that you do not want to
receive and you can opt out at any time.
How long we will keep your personal information
We will hold your personal information for as long as we are providing our services to you and afterwards for
as long as may be necessary for establishing, exercising or defending legal rights.
Our approach to information security
To protect your information, Blue Business Water has policies and procedures in place to make sure that only
authorised personnel can access the information, that information is handled and stored in a secure and
sensible manner and all systems that can access the information have proportionate and reasonable security
measures in place. To achieve this, employees, contractors, sub-contractors and third party suppliers have
contracts, with defined roles and responsibilities.
While we take commercially reasonable measures to ensure the safety and security of your data, due to the
inherent risks with the Internet, we are unable to warranty the absolute security of your data when using
In order to process any of the requests listed below, we may need to verify your identity for your security.
In such cases your response will be necessary for you to exercise this right.
The right to access information we hold about you
At any point you can contact us to request details concerning the information we hold about you, why we have
that information, who has access to the information and where we got the information. In most cases you may
be entitled to copies of the information we hold concerning you. Once we have received your request we will
respond within 30 days.
The right to correct and update the information we hold about you
If the data we hold about you is out of date, incomplete or incorrect, you can inform us and we will
ensure that it is updated.
The right to have your information erased
If you feel that we should no longer be using your data or that we are illegally using your data, you
can request that we erase the data we hold. When we receive your request, we will confirm whether the
data has been deleted or tell you the reason why it cannot be deleted.
The right to object to processing of your data
You have the right to request that Blue Business Water stops processing your data. Upon receiving
the request, we will contact you to tell you if we are able to comply or if we have legitimate
grounds to continue. If data is no longer processed, we may continue to hold your data to comply
with your other rights.
The right to data portability
You have the right to request that we transfer your data to another controller. Once we have received
your request, we will comply where it is feasible to do so.
In those cases where we need your consent to process your information, we will ask you to make a positive
indication (e.g. to tick a box or insert your contact details on the relevant form or web page requiring
consent). By actively providing us with your consent, you are stating that you have been informed as to
the type of personal information that will be processed, the reasons for such processing, how it will be
used, for how long it will be kept, who else will have access to it and what your rights are as a data
Sharing your information
The information and data we collect is important for Blue Business Water and we understand that you care
about the use and storage of your personal information we value your trust in allowing us to do this. We
would not want to share this with anyone else unless we have your express consent, we will never disclose,
rent, trade or sell your personal information to any third parties for their marketing purposes.
We do disclose or transfer your data or personal information to other companies, data processors or agents
employed by us to perform any necessary functions on our behalf (such as hosting and maintaining our website,
providing us with data management systems, market research, customer satisfaction surveys and support services),
for their own purposes.
We may also provide aggregate statistics about our customers, sales, traffic patterns and related site
information to reputable third parties in order to better understand our services, website and overall
customer satisfaction which may include personally identifying information.
To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and
delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org
If you have any queries about this policy, need further information or wish to lodge a complaint
you can find our contact details via the below link
We may change this policy from time to time. Any changes to our privacy statement will be posted on
this page and, where appropriate, notified to you by e-mail.